Thursday, March 16, 2023

Prepping for Filming Day

         With filming day fastly approaching, I had to make sure everything was ready so it could be as smooth and quick as possible. I have already completed my storyboard which helps me a lot when shooting as it keeps me on track and makes sure I film everything I need since I move chronologically. 

    The next thing I needed to make sure is that my actress had the costume and props I needed for production. As I discussed in a previous blog, I wanted RAQUEL to dress in layers with a baggy zip-up jacket to conceal her body similar to how she often conceals her true emotions behind a frequent deadpan face. We were able to make the inspiration pictures into blue mom jeans, a brown t-shirt, and a black baggy zip-up jacket. This will be accompanied with a pink claw clip to make the hair inspiration picture for the character. 

    While talking to my actress, I did however learn about a problem. She is currently in the process of moving, meaning that she soon going to start packing up her room and her house. This was a problem because we are filming in her house, so I had to make sure I got to film before everything started going in boxes. She told me that they were going to start packing next weekend as both of her parents will be home, so we moved the filming day to that Friday. That way she will be back in town from spring break and it will be before all the packing begins. 

Keep you posted on how filming day goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...