Monday, March 13, 2023

Filming Equipment Problems

     As I was preparing to start filming, especially during spring break, I had to figure out what equipment I was going to use. I have experience in my years of TV Production with using cameras to film so I wanted to continue to do so, especially since I prefer the video quality of cameras over an iPhone. 

   My original plan was to check out the equipment through my TV program as I am most familiar with those cameras and the other equipment available I would need. However, I realized that since it was spring break, I wouldn't be allowed to have the equipment over that long period of time. Our advisor was also out of town the whole week before so there was no access to the equipment closet. 

    My last resort was to use my camera, but I was afraid of the sound aspect of my video as my camera has a bad microphone built into it and no audio jack to add an external microphone. That's when I realized I could use on own RODE mic and attach it to my phone using a dongle adapter and record certain natural sounds using voice memos and edit it into my project. This will make up for it as the primary source of sound in my project is a voice-over from the main character. Not only does it solve my sound problem, but it also adds to the story as I wanted the audience to feel like they are in the character's mind, hearing her thoughts. This would carry on throughout parts of the film.

My camera: Nikon D3500


                        The microphone I used 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...