Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Character Development

     Upon lots of thought over the last few days, I want my opening to be focused on the main character of the story, RAQUEL. In the spirit of the genre, psychological thriller, I don't want the audience to be exposed to too much of the storyline in the beginning. To help this I only want to introduce a maximum of 2 characters in the beginning. 

    The main character the story is going to revolve around is RAQUEL RAMBOE. RAQUEL is a 22-year-old girl, fresh out of college, who is very independent and is just starting to get a feel for the real world. Her dad passed away when she was a very young age and her mother has been very in and out of her life for reasons she has never understood. Her older sister, MALIA, has always taken care of her as though she was her mother and would often "shield" her from the troubles of her mother. 

    RAQUEL, having done most of her growing up by herself, sees the world in a very unique way. She hasn't really experienced love other than from her sister, who was not always around from the constant working to support her and Raquel, and her father, who she barely remembers now. This lack of love and feeling of abandonment from a young age has caused her to grow up very emotionally absent. 

I can't wait to continue to develop this story with time. More details to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...