Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Choice of Genre

     When first introduced to this project, I was overwhelmed by all the ways I could take it. With only really producing content that was dramatic, I had no experience with any other genres and I wanted to take this opportunity to step out of my comfort zone. Once I started to do research, I became very interested in psychological thrillers.

    I have recently watched the movie Don't Worry Darling, directed by Olivia Wilde, and fell in love with it. This movie, which is a psychological thriller, was so well-written and engaging from opening to end. I was so amazed at how the story keeps you on your toes all the way to the very end, which is not an easy thing to do as most storylines in movies are very predictable. After watching it, I was so inspired and wanted to try to create something with the same effect. 

Don't Worry Darling (2022)

    Originally, I wanted to pursue more of a narrative structure film. However, I then switched my research focusing on psychological thrillers, and I realized I can carry out a narrative story while still staying in the genre. Psychological thriller is a diverse type of fiction that holds the key characteristics of a mystery but is still its own thing. It is very plot driven towards solving a conflict but also explores the human mind. The narratives within the stories are typically told from the point of view of an unreliable narrator or a psychologically stressed character. This allows me to be super creative with the storyline and development of characters while also being able to use things I've learned in AP Psychology, a class I took and loved so much. 

    I can't wait to continue developing my opening and eventually see the final product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...