Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Voiceover

    As I continued to edit my opening, it felt as though an aspect was missing. Visually, the story was there, but the piece lacked an auditory aspect. As I started to think of all the different things I could add to it, I immediately knew I didn't want music. The idea of music felt tacky in my own project and I just never felt like it paired well with the genre or tone of the story. Then, I started to contemplate a voiceover and instantly it clicked. A voiceover was a perfect opportunity to loop the meaning of the title into the story while still staying on character with my piece. The idea of hearing the main character's "inner thoughts" tied perfectly with the story and is an idea I would carry out throughout the entire film if I were to develop it. It also tied in conventions of the narrative genre, which was always my plan to incorporate into my psychological thriller piece.

Here it is:

 

"by nature" voiceover 

the human instinct is a funny thing, isn’t it?

the fact that one can be born with a quality and naturally act upon it with no doubt 

like its simply hardwired into their system

sparking a mother's instinct to always protect

a mother would do anything for their kid without a second thought, engulfing any worry or trouble

these types of qualities tend to define who we are as a person, as we never take the time to learn or question them

we are as such, by nature

and yet again, sometimes we lie, believing we are doing it for the good of another

the instinct of protecting our loved ones

no matter the damage left behind, as though one's conscience is seized by the overbearing feeling of love, to the point of no return

but I guess that’s just who we are 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...