Saturday, March 25, 2023

CCR Question #3

 How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

          Having prior experience with creating content frequently in class and outside settings, I have a pretty solid foundation of production skills with a camera already developed. However, I love to reflect on each experience in order to learn and grow as a producer. I take every opportunity to try new things and experiment to expand my skills.

    With this specific project, I really used this time to work with shot composition and angles as that is an aspect that lacks more than others in past projects. I was able to play with the rule of thirds and try things like dutch and high angles rather than just regular eyeliner. The rule of thirds is a shot composition technique that divides your shot into an equal 3 by 3 grid. This can help diversify your shots and make them more aesthetic as nothing is uneven or just plainly set in the middle. 

The rule of thirds grid dividing up a still frame

    This project helped me gain skills in the scheduling aspect of production. In order to stay on track with such a project, I was forced to constantly create and revise schedules and outlines to keep my thoughts organized and concise. By doing so, I was able to be very efficient with my time while developing my ideas and filming my actual opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...