Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Adding a Face to the Name

     As I am getting closer and closer to the filming stage of production, I wanted to talk about my thoughts on RAQUEL as a character and who I would want to play her in my opening. RAQUEL was inspired by a influx of people in my life, including parts of me. This character has a special place in my heart as they go through lots of mental and emotional obstacles that are very relatable to me or loved ones. I see this character as an outlet to touch on these things and bring more light to these normal, but shadowed, situations. 


Actress Rachel Zegler

    When developing my character, it helped me to think about who I would cast to play RAQUEL if this was being produced, and I believe Rachel Zegler would be a perfect choice. Though she is a newer actress, her work shows that she has so much emotional depth and brings so much vulnerability to her characters that makes the performance unbelievable. I feel like this would be perfect for my character. It is also a plus that she is not as popular as I really don't see an A-List actress fitting this movie. It would bring too much attention onto the presence of the actress rather than the story itself. 


Gabriella Bongiovi

    The person I have casted RAQUEL to for my opening is Gabriella Bongiovi. I met her in my theatre class and I strongly believe she has the acting skills and the emotional connection to play this character. I'm very excited to work with her and see what she brings to the character.


Inspiration photos for the costume, hair, and makeup of RAQUEL

In terms of the mise-en-scene for my character, I want her to have a very messy but put together look. I want her to wear her to wear lots of oversized jackets and clothes, acting as like a shield, as it covers all of her body and doesn't expose anything like she is hidden under the clothes. I would want RAQUEL to have a bare face, no makeup, as I really don't see her character caring about that sort of thing. Her hair I want very natural and out of her face, something messy but still presentable. This could either be something like a messy bun or away in a clip. Nothing that shows that she puts a ton of time getting ready, but enough that she isn't neglecting herself.

    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...