Tuesday, April 2, 2024

waving goodbye to the production stage




 WE ARE OFFICIALLY COMPLETE WITH THE PRODUCTION STAGE!! Today I attended one of the last flag football home game, and also the girls’ senior night, to get all the b-roll I needed for this project. I am very happy with how everything turned. 

One of the head coaches, Mr. Gordon, is the defensive coordinator for the team and allowed me to be on the sidelines for this in order to get any footage I needed. The game started out with a small ceremony for the seniors on the team, letting them walk the field with their friends and family and providing them with some small gifts as a token of their devotion to the team for the last coupe of years. Riley, a four year senior on the team, walked out with her mom and was eventually accompanied by her long-time, Mr. Selvidge, who were both heavily mentioned during our interview last week. They later went on to play against JP Taravella where Riley started on defensive and eventually transitioned to being the quarterback the entire game. 

The b-roll I collected was filmed on my Sony camera that I discussed in an early blog. However, I was unable to obtain a gimble as I was absent all day of school due to a family emergency. Instead, I took a small handheld tripod that I owned and attached it to the camera in order to still get the handheld shots I wanted without any crazy shakiness. It honestly turned out just as good, but I am excited to eventually use a gimble in the future :)

Well, now that I have all my footage… IT’S TIME TO EDIT!!

(above I attached some still shots of some of the b-roll from today)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...