Saturday, March 9, 2024

Possible Equipment

 With an interview soon underway, I thought this would be a good time to discuss with you guys the possible equipment I plan on using during this process. 

First of all, I am SO excited to finally be using my new camera: the Sony a7 IV


I had been saving up for this camera for such a long time and I finally was able to purchase it. It’s been my favorite thing in the world ever since. I am the photographer for our Class of 2024, so I’ve only been able to use it to take photos of our prom theme reveal, but I can’t wait to use it for this as this is exacting why I got it. In my mind, it was an investment in exchange for high quality for all the sports media I plan to make in the future, as I am committed to FSU for sports media [ go noles :) ].

This is going to be my main camera, as it will be the main shot for my interview and the camera I film all my b-roll with and shoot photos for my social media page. My secondary camera that will be my alternate shot in my interview I plan on either checking out at BECON TV or from my TV program, CBTV,  at my school. 

Along with the necessary essentials (tripod, rode mic, lav mics, lenses, etc.), I plan on trying something new, as I talked about in one of my previous blog posts. My goal is to use a gimbal in order to get the high quality, dynamic b-roll I envision for this piece. This is the gimbal currently available at my school that I plan on using: DJI Ronin- SC - Camera Stabilizer

If this is not available at the time, I plan on getting it from BECON. This piece of equipment is more on the difficult side to use, but I plan on learning how to use it through my friends in TV who have experience with it  and videos if that is what it takes. I will document my process of trying to use it on here. 

Keep you guys updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...