Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Location, Location, Location

   With filming about a week or so away, I needed to start think about where exactly I will be shooting my opening. My opening includes 3 different settings (bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen), so it had to be an indoor location. It also had to be a relatively open space as there are a good amount of tracking shots included in my storyboard. 

   All of this being in the back of my mind, I went over to my friend Gabbi’s house, actress playing RAQUEL, and it hit me as soon as I walked in that this was the perfect place. For one it was her own home, so not only was it super accessible whenever we needed it, but it was also a place she was used to. This makes her more comfortable while filming as she is in a familiar space, which will make her performance more natural. Her room was the perfect size and had a connecting bathroom. The living was also had an open floor plan so there was tons of filming space taht connected to the kitchen. 

    I also realized the abundance of natural light that filled up the house immediately. There is never really any artificial lights being used other than at night when the sun was down. This was perfect as the natural light creates normal shadowing, which would give the house a darker, ominous feel to it. That kind of lightning would prrfectly fit the tone of my opening. 

Here are some pictures of the space:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...