Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Developing a Project Schedule

Hey guys! As we start to jump into this process, I needed to make a tentative schedule in order to kind of plan out my time and figure out when I’m doing what. When I am about to tackle any long-term project, I lived to make production schedules to make things less stressful. It also allows me to actually visualize the process, which helps me a lot as I am more of a visual learner. 

Here it it:

Week 1 (2/12-2/18)- CREATING AN IDEA (this week)✔️

Week 2 (2/19-2/25)- RESEARCH CONVENTIONS & EQUIPMENT/ INTERVIEW PREP (QUESTIONS AND LOCATION)

Week 3 (2/26-3/3)- FILM INTERVIEW, CREATE LINE EDIT STRUCTURE BASED ON INTERVIEW ANSWERS

Week 4 (3/4-3/10)- FILM B-ROLL

Week 5 (3/11-3/17)- FILM MORE B-ROLL (POSSIBLE 2ND INTERVIEW OF SUBJECT IF NEEDED/WANTED)

Week 6 (3/18-3/24)-START EDITING

Week 7 (3/25-3/31)-{spring break} CONTINUE EDITING, MAKE GRAPHICS IF NEEDED

Week 8 (4/1-4/7)- SHARE AND GET CRITIQUES/RE-EDITS, WORK ON CRITICAL REFLECTION

FINAL SUBMISSION DATE: 4/10/24 !!!

Now this schedule might not end up being 100% accurate when the time comes, especially when it comes closer to weeks 4 and 5. I had to take into account the fact that during week 4 I would have my show, Chicago, and week 5 I would be away for most of the week on a field trip for a state competition. I tried to give myself a little wiggle room by blocking out those 2 weeks to film b-roll alone so hopefully I won’t be too stressed out those weeks. 

I’ll continue to keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

  This documentary has been one of my favorite projects I have ever worked on. I have had experience working on film openings, music videos,...